About Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder:
Chromium carbide powder is a very hard refractory ceramic material. It is a fine gray powder and is rarely the natural mineral Tongbaishi. Chrome carbide has strong corrosion resistance and high-temperature oxidation properties, and its thermal properties are similar to steel. Chromium carbide properties is an excellent material for many commercial industries. Several different chromium carbide compounds can be formed, each of which has slightly different mechanical properties and applications. Chromium carbide uses as a thermal spray material for protecting the underlying metal surface, and as an additive to corrosion-resistant and wear-resistant materials. Chromium carbide applications are particularly effective where sliding abrasion is present. Feel free to send an inquiry to get the latest price if you would like to buy Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder in bulk.
If you want to know chromium carbide price, please send inquiry to email@example.com
How is Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder produced?
Producing chromium carbide coating by a combination of aluminothermic reduction and vacuum furnacing at temperatures of 1500°C and above. A blend of chromium metal, chromium oxide and carbon is prepared and then loaded into a vacuum furnace. The pressure in the furnace is reduced and the temperature increased to 1500°C. The carbon reacts with the chromium oxide to form chromium metal and carbon monoxide gas, which is drawn off into the vacuum pumps. The chromium metal then combines with the remaining carbon to form the chromium carbide.
The exact balance between the chromium oxide, chromium metal and carbon determines the grade of chromium carbide that is produced. This is vigorously controlled to ensure that the product quality is suitable for markets as exacting as aerospace.
Performance of Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder :
Chromium carbide, containing 13.34% carbon, is a gray powder, orthorhombic crystal structure, insoluble in water, resistant to acid and alkali. Density is 6.65-6.68 g/cm3, melting point: 1890 degrees, boiling point: 3800 degrees. It is a high melting point inorganic material with good wear resistance, corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance in a high-temperature environment (1000-1100 degrees). It is used as a thermal spray material for metal surface protection and is also often used as a hard alloy. Grain refiners and other wear and corrosion-resistant components. The Chromium carbide-based cermet has excellent oxidation resistance at high temperatures, and the surface is only slightly darkened after 5 hours of heat exposure at 982 °C. Under the same conditions, 18-8 stainless steel has been significantly damaged, and WC-6Co alloy is completely oxidized.
Technical Parameter of Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder :
|Total C||Free C||O||N||Fe||Ca||Si||Mo||Al||Na|
Application of Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder :
Chromium carbide Cr3C2 powder is a high melting point material with good wear resistance, corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance in high-temperature environments. It is made of hard alloy particles made of nickel-chromium alloy and adopts a plasma spraying method, which can be used for high-temperature resistance and wear resistance.
1. Oxidation resistance, oxidation resistance and acid resistance coatings are widely used in aircraft engines and petrochemical machinery and equipment, which can greatly increase the service life of machinery. It is also commonly used as a grain refiner for cemented carbide and other wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant parts. Cermets based on Cr3C2 have excellent oxidation resistance at high temperatures.
2. Used for chromium carbide ceramics. Coarse chromium carbide is used as a melt-blown material to form a melt-sprayed layer on the surface of metals and ceramics, thereby imparting wear resistance, heat resistance, corrosion resistance and other properties to the latter. It is widely used in aircraft engines and petrochemical machinery to greatly increase the life of machinery. It is also used for spraying semiconductor films.
3. As a thermal spray material, used to protect the metal surface below
4. Additives used to manufacture wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant materials
5. As a coating for seals, bearings, valve seals
6. As the microcrystalline phase in cemented carbides (such as vanadium carbide), is used to inhibit the growth of sub-micron grains during pressing and sintering.
Storage Condition of Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder :
Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder should be stored in dry, cool and sealing of the environment, can not be exposure to air, in addition should avoid the heavy pressure, according to ordinary goods transportation.
Packing & Shipping of Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder :
It is packed in double plastic bags inside, which can be filled with argon in vacuum; it can be vacuumed and filled with argon for protection..
Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder packing: vacuum packing, 100g, 500g or 1kg/bag, 25kg/barrel, or as your request.
Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder shipping: could be shipped out by sea , by air, by express as soon as possible once payment receipt.
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials, including boride powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, sulfide powder, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you are looking for high-quality Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry